In the comments on my last post, Chris Kelworth nominated me for a Liebster award! This is a just-for-fun award, a way to highlight some favorite blogs and bloggers and show them a little love. Here's how it works:
I answer 11 questions from the person who tagged me
I share 11 facts about me
I pass the Liebster on to 11 favorite blogs
I come up with 11 new questions for my nominees to answer.
Here are the questions Chris sent me:
What's your most annoying habit?
Popping my knuckles, or fiddling with my hair. Or leaving the cat food out. Or...
Are you more of a planner, or a spontaneous person?
Planner. I don't do well when unexpected things come up or I don't know what to expect.
Are you organized or messy?
On the spectrum, I'm more on the messy side, but I'm slowly trying to work my way towards the organized side.
Who's the best character you've ever written and why?
All of them :-D I can't pick favorites, it's like picking my favorite of my kids. But lately Professor Roric Rossony has been getting a lot of love from the test readers for The Lost Book of Anggird. He's a very interesting, complicated character, with lots more to him than meets the eye at first - in fact, his reality is very different from the appearance he puts up.
If you had one day left to live, what's one thing you'd want to spend that time on?
I'd split it between writing and spiritual devotions, with my family around me the whole time.
Who is the most important person in your life?
God, and my husband and kids.
Are you working on anything writing-wise at the moment, or taking a post-Camp break?
Always writing - right now I'm working on revisions/edits to two different novels, with a couple of short stories also waiting to be edited.
What catchphrase do you say often in conversation?
Don't know about a specific catchphrase, but I do tend to repeat myself a lot, which annoys me and the people I'm talking to.
Out of your favourite fictional characters, who'd make the best sneaky ninja?
My characters? or other characters that I like? Out of my characters, I'm not sure that sneakiness is a strong point for any of them. Probably Silas Vendine, though if he gets annoyed with the person he's stalking he'd give his cover away by cussing them out. For other characters, I'd have to say Himura Kenshin, from Rurouni Kenshin. He's already a sneaky samurai, which is just one step away from sneaky ninja.
Where are your backup files?
On a portable external hard drive, a couple of thumb drives, and on Sugar Sync, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
Do you believe in true love?
Yes :) I write about it, and I'm fortunate to have that in my marriage.
11 facts about me:
1. I had sour cream green chili chicken enchiladas for lunch.
2. My favorite color is purple.
3. Right now I'm reading three different novels.
4. I have two cats.
5. I'm 5'2" tall.
6. My kids were born seven years minus one day apart.
7. I lived in Germany for a year when I was eight and again when I was sixteen.
8. I have a Master's degree in Music History.
9. When I was little, my favorite babysitter's name was Kathy.
10. I used to play the recorder.
11. I've never watched Oprah.
1. W.H. Cann
2. Jennifer Howard
3. Sharon Stevenson
4. J.J. DiBenedetto
5. Kristen DaRay
6. Aoife Marie Sheridan
7. Robin Leigh Morgan
8. Nadege Richards
9. Maddy Barone
If anyone else wants to jump in and play, feel free to!
My questions for them:
1. What's your favorite book?
2. What's the latest book you've read?
3. What did you have for breakfast?
4. Chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry, or none (or all) of the above?
5. Where would you go on your dream vacation?
6. What was your favorite subject in school?
7. The zombie apocolaypse is here, and you grab the object immediately to your left to use to defend yourself. What is it?
8. Night owl or morning person?
9. Who is your favorite villain (from your own characters or other people's characters)?
10. What do you do when you aren't reading or writing?
11. What's your computer wallpaper?
AU | CA | UK
Barnes & Noble
iTunes | Kobo
Click on the covers for more information
-The Story Grid
-National Novel Writing Month
-Dean Wesley Smith
-Kristine Kathryn Rusch
-The Passive Voice
Let's Get Digital
-Dean F. Wilson
-Pauline M. Ross
-Derek Alan Siddoway
-Raymond Cook - Western Frontier eBooks
-According to Hoyt
-Mad Genius Club
-Science Fiction and Fantasy Book Promotions
-Noblebright - Fantasy to Believe In
-Because reading is better than real life
-Speculative Fiction Showcase
-A Lawyer Who Would Rather Write Music Commentary
Kyra Halland: Welcome to My Worlds is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.