1. Tell us a little about yourself.
Jerome Brooke lives in the Kingdom of Siam. He is the consort of Jira, a princess of the lost Kingdom of Nan. He has written The City of the Mirage (Books to Go Now) and many other books.
2. When did you start writing, and why?
I have been writing poetry for about 20 years - fiction for 10. I began to write because I wanted to create art and beauty.
3. What do you write, and why? What do you enjoy about what you write?
I have two children. I hope they, their children and future generations will see my work. I also have cousins and nephews. I also write family history, and want to preserve more than basic facts like birth date for the future. Poetry can be beautiful, as can fiction. I like for people to see a poem or fiction text, and to enjoy the work.
4. What is your latest book or series? Any forthcoming books?
I have a book on contract with Books to Go Now - the book is a erotic paranormal set in Haiti of the Colonial period. The title is Lover of the Voodoo Priestess. I used the pen name Joan Barron.
5. "Welcome To My Worlds": Tell us a little about the world of your latest book or series.
6. Introduce us to some of your characters. What do you like about them?
The book tells of a young French man of letters in Haiti of the old days. He falls under the spell of a Voodoo priestess and her daughter. She causes the death of her rival (a Frenchwoman).
The book is erotic, with relationships between a European and slave women. The paranormal aspect is the Voodoo element.
7. A fun fact you would like your readers to know about you or your book.
I am married to a much younger woman (23 years younger). She is from Nan in the Highlands north of Bangkok. Nan was long an independent kingdom, and still has its own royal family.
8. Website/contact info:
Astarte rules a vast empire of the multiverse. Her race seeded many worlds with life over the eons. The Conqueror leads her legions to victory in a war against forces led by her brother.
The City of the Mirage
is available at Amazon.